Application: This box is perfect for the storage of prints, photos, art and similar mounted or unmounted documents that are best stored flat. This style of box is also well-suited for digital prints, musical scores, pamphlets, letters, newspapers and other flat collectibles.
Features: Metal-edged drop front boxes consist of a removable top and a bottom with a hinged ’’drop front’’ panel on one of the long sides. This feature ’’opens’’ the bottom section so the contents can be inserted, removed or examined safely, without bending or flexing the contents in any way. The risk of ’’dog-earing’’ your materials is also greatly minimized.
These boxes are manufactured from heavyweight ArchivalGrade™ boxboard. Metal edge clamps are anti-corrosion treated with a black polyester coating with a wax-free polyester finish on the blind side. These clamps provide both rigidity and high stacking strength.
- ArchivalGrade Boxboard Color Tan / Gray / Black
- Tan, Black and Gray: thickness .056
- Tan and Gray finish: smooth plate finish. Black finish: textured paper laminated on acid- free black
- Made from fully bleached, high alpha cellulose pulp. It does not contain any post consumer waste recycled pulp. Paper is free of metal particles, waxes, plasticizers, residual bleach, peroxide, sulfur content is less than 0.0008% reducible sulfur.
- The lignin content is measured by the phloroglucinol test with a Kappa number of 5 or less.
- Metallic Impurities, Iron will not exceed 150 ppm and copper shall not exceed 6 ppm.No optical brightening agents are used in the pulp.
- The paper contains a minimum of 3% calcium carbonate (CaCO3) with a pH range 8-9.5
- Alkaline or neutral sizing are used. No alum rosin or rosin sizing are used.
- Color dyes are light-fast and non-bleeding.
- Surface of the paper is smooth and free from knots, shives and abrasive particles.
- Board will not degrade and cause harm to artifacts stored in boxes made from this paper.
- This paper passes the PAT (Photographic Activity Test) ISO IT 18916 (formerly ISO 14523 ANSI IT9.16).
- All dimensions are interior box sizes